zondag 26 december 2010

Vrede op aarde, in mensen een welbehagen




Arrangement van Casting Crowns, gebaseerd op het gedicht van Henry Wadsworth Longfellow uit 1863: "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day".

Gezien bij Justin Taylor.

I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old familiar carols play.
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of Peace on earth, good will to men.

I thought how as the day had come
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along the unbroken song
Of Peace on earth, good will to men.

And in despair, I bowed my head:
'There is no peace on earth,' I said,
'For hate is strong and mocks the song,
Of Peace on earth, good will to men.'

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep;
'God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With Peace on earth, good will to men'.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten