woensdag 21 april 2010

Christelijke 'Fireflies'



Af en toe komt er wel eens een leuk showbizznieuwtje uit de lucht gevallen.
Christianity Today publiceert een interview met Adam Young van Owl City, bekend van de popdeun Fireflies. Dit is wat hij zegt (ik neem het fragment over van Justin Taylor):
When did you become a Christian?

I grew up in a Christian home, with the most wonderful parents a kid could ever ask for. I came to know the Lord in middle school after hearing a testimony at church. From then on, I’ve just wanted to serve Christ in every way I know how, music being the only thing I’ve ever considered myself any “good” at. I guess my whole message or goal of this whole operation is to bring glory to Jesus Christ by all that I do and say, not just as it relates to Owl City, but in all areas of my life.

Do you want to be thought of as a “Christian musician”?

It’s up to you, honestly. It’s not my place say what people should think of me as. Actions should speak for that. I follow Jesus Christ wholeheartedly, so any definition that arises from that fact is all right with me. The same goes for Owl City. I am a Christian in a band. Is it a Christian band then? That’s up to those who ask that question.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten