maandag 17 maart 2008

Ik ben als Jakobus en Johannes


Onderstaand gedicht mag iedereen uitdagen en aanscherpen die op de een of andere manier leiding geeft.
I am like James and John
Lord, I size up other people
in terms of what they can do for me;
how they can further my program,
feed my ego,
satisfy my needs,
give me strategic advantage.
I exploit people,
ostensibly for your sake,
but really for my own sake.
Lord, I turn to you
to get the inside track
and obtain special favors,
your direction for my schemes,
your power for my projects,
your sanction for my ambitions,
your blank checks for whatever I want.
I am like James and John.

Robert Raines, geciteerd in "Liberating Ministry from the Success Syndrome" van Kent & Barbara Hughes. Gelezen bij Ray Vanneste.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten