zaterdag 5 juli 2008

In gebed openbaart God zijn dromen voor jou



“They tell me Lord, that when I pray,

Only one voice is heard;

That I’m dreaming,

You’re not there,

This whole thing is absurd.

Maybe they’re right, Lord,

Maybe they’re right.

Maybe there’s only one voice that’s heard.

But if there’s only one voice that’s heard,

Lord, it’s not mine, it’s your voice.

I’m not dreaming; you are the dreamer.

And I am your dream.”

Auteur onbekend. Ik las het bij Ravi Zacharias in de toespraak over gebed die hij hield op de National Day of Prayer voor hooggeplaatsten.

Ook CS Lewis heeft een versie van dit gedicht in zijn boek "Brieven aan Malcolm", pag. 59 in de uitgave uit 1964 van uitg. Van Wijnen. Lewis plaatst er meteen ook nuttige kanttekeningen bij.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Hi,

    I got to your blog via a comment you left on Marked By Faith. Just wanted to let you know that I really love the poem/prayer you posted here. Keep blogging for Jesus!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thanks for your reaction Dae!

    If you click on the link in the blogpost, you can find my source for the poem: an English text by Ravi Zacharias. I warmly recommend the text as well as Ravi! ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen